Borderlands Food Bank will be introducing a new program called V.E.T.S. (Veterans Exact Thanks – Share), to benefit veterans and families who are food insecure. At a scheduled P.O.W.W.O.W. distribution location a food drive container in a shape of a boot will be available to collect donated healthy non-perishable items. All non-perishable items will be collected and donated to a designated Veterans non-profit organization and be picked on-site the same day. For more information please click here.
Preferred healthy non-perishable Food and Hygiene Items
- Fruits – packed dried fruit and canned fruit,
- Hygiene – hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, feminine hygiene, shampoo, body wash and soap
- Protein – packaged jerky, canned meat, packaged dry beans, packaged nuts and seeds, peanut butter and protein bars.
V.E.T.S. non-perishable food and hygiene collection locations
- November 12th (Fruits and Water Collections) – Arizona State Veterans Home
- December 3rd (Protein and Water Collections) – The Episcopal Church of St. John the Baptist
- January 21st (Hygiene and Water Collections) – Sierra Vista United Methodist Church
- February 4th (Fruits and Water Collections) – Christ Greenfield Lutheran Church
- March 25th (Protein and Water Collections) – American Legion Post 109 (Ladies Auxiliary)
- April 22nd (Hygiene and Water Collections) – Meals of Joy
- May 13th (Fruits and Water Collections) – Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 5990
- June 10th (Protein and Water Collections) – San Tan Valley Farmers Market & Bazaar
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates about current agency site distribution locations, variety of produce, recipe of the week and more…
Help spread the word, be sure to like and share our Facebook page with your neighbors, friends, family or someone who’s in need.
For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please follow and like us: