Thank you for supporting Borderlands Produce Rescue’s mission of curbing food waste and reducing green gas from the land fill, the successful 18/19 produce season ends in May but not to worry, our Summer Season will be starting Saturday, June 1st and ending in August (limited markets available). Hours will change from 6 – 9:00am so it will be more comfortable for supporters to shop during summer temperatures. Stay tuned as the summer schedule will be posted in a couple of weeks.
At .17 per pound everyone with no income or residential qualifications has the opportunity to shop for up to 70 pounds of produce with a $12 contribution this Saturday, May 4th from 7 – 10:00am (Unless Specified) at 16 market locations; don’t forget to share with your family members and friends helping to educate on the necessity of preserving produce through our 4 major programs which commit to provide fruits and veggies – as everyone has the inherent right to eat healthy at an affordable cost and live in a healthy environment. By shopping at our markets you are committing to healthy eating and fulfilling your obligation to our planet to help curb food waste! Please help us by posting your pictures and videos of our markets on social media using #produceonwheelswithoutwaste and #produceonwheels so newcomers can understand more about our program.
—–Metro Phoenix Service Area(s) for May 4th, Hours: 7 – 10:00am—–
• NEW SITE! Arts Academy at Estrella Mountain – 2504 S. 91st Ave., Tolleson 85353
• Calvary North Church – 14201 N. 32nd St., Phoenix 85032
• Christ’s Greenfield Lutheran Church – 425 N. Greenfield Rd., Gilbert 85234
• Laveen Baptist Church – 5036 W. Dobbins Rd., Laveen 85339
• Open Door Fellowship Church– 8301 N. 19th Ave., Phoenix 85021
• The Episcopal Church of St. John the Baptist – 4102 W. Union Hills Dr., Phoenix 85308
• Willowbrook United Methodist Church – 19390 N. 99th Ave., Sun City 85373
—–Metro Tucson and SO/SE Arizona Service Area(s) for Saturday, May 4th, Hours: 7 – 10:00am (Unless Specified)—–
• Amado Pros (@ Longhorn Bar & Grill) – 28851 S. Nogales Hwy., Amado 85645
• Emmanuel Baptist Church – 1825 N. Alvernon Way, Tucson 85712
• Morenci Community Center (@ Bashas’) – 172 Burro Alley, Morenci 85540
• Pima Community College Northwest Campus – 7600 N. Shannon Rd., Tucson 85709
• Safford Lions Club (@ The Home Depot) – 750 S. 20th Ave., Thatcher 85552
• St. Christopher Catholic Parish – 12101 W. Moore Rd., Marana 85653
• St. Rita in the Desert – 13260 E. Colossal Cave Rd., Vail 85641
• St. Joseph Roman Catholic Church – 215 S. Craycroft Rd., Tucson 85711
• Willcox Unified School District (Hours: 7-11:00am) – 360 N. Bisbee Ave., Willcox 85643
***PLEASE NOTE*** WE CANNOT GUARANTEE ALL VARIETIES OF PRODUCE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT EACH DISTRIBUTION LOCATION.
Varieties Offered for this Saturday
|• Bell Peppers (Green)| • Bell Peppers (Colored)| • Cucumbers (Euro)| • Cucumbers (Plain)| • Green Beans| • Squash (Butternut)| • Squash (Gray)| • Squash (Italian)| • Squash (Spaghetti)| • Tomatoes (Roma)| • Tomatoes| • (Round)| • Tomatoes (On the Vine)| • Watermelons (Mini or Regular)|
Just as a reminder we are a re-distribution program designed for you to share and help others. You may not sell, barter or trade our product.
—–Visit our Produce Calendar page for our produce season schedule, and produce map:
Varieties of produce offered is normally posted on FaceBook every Thursday and Friday. Hours from November through May are 8-11am, April through May are 7-10am and June through October are 6-9am.
—–New to P.O.W.W.O.W. and would like to know more?
—–Subscribe to our weekly newsletter for up to date market locations, varieties of the week, recipe of the week, education corner and much more:
—-We can always use your help at a P.O.W.W.O.W. market, please volunteer:
#share #volunteer #borderlandsmarket #borderlandsproducerescue #freshproduce #rescuedproduce #producerescue #produceonwheelswithoutwaste #produceonwheels
Please follow and like us: