We want to thank all our supporters for choosing P.O.W.W.O.W. to add nutritious fruits and veggies to your meals at the same time taking on the obligation that we all have to curb food waste and do our part to save our future planet! For every produce box you take home over 5 lbs. of green gas is eliminated from the landfill, those 5 lbs. add up to over 2,000,000 pounds annually that we are keeping out of the landfill, please continue to help save our planet!
Mother Nature is the principal determining factor for our farmers and their crops. This year she has played havoc with the Mexican Agriculture having them cope first with Hurricanes and then a very unexpected freeze. This causes produce to be delayed thus P.O.W.W.O.W. has not had the usual donated amounts and varieties. We are still asking you to support us because again this program is two-fold – eating healthy and curbing food waste. You are still getting a “BANG FOR YOUR BUCK”. We want to continue to bring P.O.W.W.O.W. to you throughout Arizona but without your consistent and continued help we cannot! Be sure to show up early to your favorite market as it will probably end up closing early tomorrow.
—–Metro Tucson and SO/SE Arizona Service Area(s) for Saturday, March 16th, Hours: 8:00am – 11:00am—–
* Little Family Farm – 30 W. Ivey Rd., Huachuca City 85616
* Most Holy Trinity Church – 1300 N. Greasewood Rd., Tucson 85745
* Pima Community College (@ Downtown Campus) – 1255 N. Stone Ave., Tucson 85709
* Sierra Vista United Methodist Church – 3225 St. Andrews Dr., Sierra Vista 85650
* Vision Church (Cross Streets of Cortaro Rd. and Silverbell Rd.) – 7511 N. Benet Dr., Tucson 85743
—–Metro Phoenix Service Area(s) for Saturday, March 16th, Hours: 8:00am – 11:00am —–
* Arizona State University, (@ Tempe Campus/Permit Parking 59, Under the Solar Panel) – Southwest Corner of E. Rio Salado Pkwy. And S. Packard Dr. in Tempe, AZ., 85281
* Arizona State University (@ West Campus) – 4701 W. Thunderbird Rd., Glendale 85306
* Arizona State University Polytechnic Campus (@ House of Refuge) – 6935 E. Williams Field Rd., Mesa 85212
* Dysart Elementary School – 12950 W Varney Rd, El Mirage, AZ 85335
* First United Methodist Church – 15 E. First Ave., Mesa 85210
* Red Mountain United Methodist Church – 2936 N. Power Rd., Mesa 85215
***PLEASE NOTE*** WE CANNOT GUARANTEE ALL VARIETIES OF PRODUCE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT EACH DISTRIBUTION LOCATION.
—–Varieties Offered for this Saturday
* Cucumbers (Plain)
* Squash (Butternut)
* Squash (Italian)
* Squash (Yellow)
* Tomatoes (Beef)
* Tomatoes (Grape)
* Tomatoes (Roma)
—–You may not sell, barter or trade our product.
#share #volunteer #borderlandsmarket #borderlandsproducerescue #freshproduce #rescuedproduce #producerescue #produceonwheelswithoutwaste #produceonwheels