A Great New Year’s Resolution is to eat healthier and contribute your part to helping save our planet by curbing food waste. You can accomplish this by shopping at one of our 16 P.O.W.W.O.W. market locations this Saturday January 5, 2019, from the hours of 8:00 to 11:00 a.m. With a $12 contribution anyone without any income or residential qualifications are welcome to select up to 70 lbs. of fresh produce. Please help us by posting your pictures and videos of our markets on social media using #produceonwheelswithoutwaste and #produceonwheels so newcomers can understand more about our program.
—–Metro Tucson and SO/SE Arizona Service Area(s) for Saturday, January 5th, Hours: 8:00am – 11:00am—–
* Amado Pros (@ Longhorn Bar & Grill) – 28851 S. Nogales Hwy., Amado 85645
* Emmanuel Baptist Church – 1825 N. Alvernon Way, Tucson 85712
* Morenci Community Center (@ Bashas’) – 172 Burro Alley, Morenci 85540
* Pima Community College Northwest Campus – 7600 N. Shannon Rd., Tucson 85709
* Safford Lions Club (@ The Home Depot) – 750 S. 20th Ave., Thatcher 85552
* St. Christopher Catholic Parish – 12101 W. Moore Rd., Marana 85653
* St. Rita in the Desert – 13260 E. Colossal Cave Rd., Vail 85641
* St. Joseph Roman Catholic Church – 215 S. Craycroft Rd., Tucson 85711
* Willcox Unified School District – 360 N. Bisbee Ave., Willcox 85643
—–Metro Phoenix Service Area(s) for Saturday, January 5th, Hours: 8:00am – 11:00am—–
* Calvary North Church – 14201 N. 32nd St., Phoenix 85032
* Christ’s Greenfield Lutheran Church – 425 N. Greenfield Rd., Gilbert 85234
* Laveen Baptist Church – 5036 W. Dobbins Rd., Laveen 85339
* Open Door Fellowship Church– 8301 N. 19th Ave., Phoenix 85021
* Southwest Valley Family YMCA – 2919 N. Litchfield Rd., Goodyear 85395
* The Episcopal Church of St. John the Baptist – 4102 W. Union Hills Dr., Phoenix 85308
* Willowbrook United Methodist Church – 19390 N. 99th Ave., Sun City 85373
***PLEASE NOTE*** WE CANNOT GUARANTEE ALL VARIETIES OF PRODUCE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT EACH DISTRIBUTION LOCATION.
—— Varieties Offered for this Saturday
|Bell Peppers | Cucumbers (Euro)| Eggplants| Green Beans| Oranges| Squash (Italian)| Squash (Yellow)|
Tomatillos| Tomatoes (Roma)| Watermelons| Free Complimentary Bonus Item(s) – Water, is Not Part of the $12 Contribution and Not Included in the Weight of the 70 lbs. of Produce|
—–Visit our Produce Calendar page for our produce season schedule, and produce map:
Varieties of produce offered is normally posted on Thursday and Friday. Hours from November through May are 8-11am, April through May are 7-10am and June through October are 6-9am.
—–New to P.O.W.W.O.W. and would like to know more?
—–Subscribe to our weekly newsletter for up to date market locations, varieties of the week, recipe of the week, education corner and much more:
—-We can always use your help at a P.O.W.W.O.W. market, please volunteer:
#Shared #Volunteer #FreshProduce #BorderlandsMarket #BorderlandsProduceRescue #ProduceOnWheelsWithOutWaste #ProduceOnWheels