According to the ‘food waste pyramid’ ensuring that food is eaten by people is the top priority, it is our right to have access to the abundance of fresh produce offered so it can be kept out of the landfill. Join us and shop at one of our 15 market locations in the State of Arizona with a $12 contribution (no income and residential qualifications) you can shop for up to 70 lbs. of fruits and veggies this Saturday February 2, 2019, from the hours of 8:00 to 11:00 a.m. Please help us by posting your pictures and videos of our markets on social media using #produceonwheelswithoutwaste and #produceonwheels so newcomers can understand more about our program.
——Metro Tucson and SO/SE Arizona Service Area(s) for Saturday, February 2nd, Hours: 8:00am – 11:00am—–
* Amado Pros (@ Longhorn Bar & Grill) – 28851 S. Nogales Hwy., Amado 85645
* Emmanuel Baptist Church – 1825 N. Alvernon Way, Tucson 85712
* Pima Community College Northwest Campus – 7600 N. Shannon Rd., Tucson 85709
* Safford Lions Club (@ The Home Depot) – 750 S. 20th Ave., Thatcher 85552
* St. Christopher Catholic Parish – 12101 W. Moore Rd.,
* St. Joseph Roman Catholic Church – 215 S. Craycroft Rd., Tucson 85711
* Willcox Unified School District – 360 N. Bisbee Ave., Willcox 85643
—–Metro Phoenix Service Area(s) for Saturday, February 2nd, Hours: 8:00am – 11:00am—–
* Calvary North Church – 14201 N. 32nd St., Phoenix 85032
* Christ’s Greenfield Lutheran Church – 425 N. Greenfield Rd., Gilbert 85234
* Laveen Baptist Church – 5036 W. Dobbins Rd., Laveen 85339
* Open Door Fellowship Church– 8301 N. 19th Ave., Phoenix 85021
* Southwest Valley Family YMCA – 2919 N. Litchfield Rd., Goodyear 85395
* The Episcopal Church of St. John the Baptist – 4102 W. Union Hills Dr., Phoenix 85308
* Willowbrook United Methodist Church – 19390 N. 99th Ave., Sun City 85373
***PLEASE NOTE*** WE CANNOT GUARANTEE ALL VARIETIES OF PRODUCE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT EACH DISTRIBUTION LOCATION.
—–Varieties Offered for this Saturday
|* Bell Peppers|* Tomatoes (Grape)|* Tomatoes (Roma)
|* Tomatoes (Round)|* Tomatoes (Vine-Ripe)* Squash (Italian)|* Squash (Yellow)|* There will be plenty of tomatoes to make your salsas, marinara sauces etc. Take advantage while we have them.
—–Visit our Produce Calendar page for our produce season schedule, and produce map:
Varieties of produce offered is normally posted on Thursday and Friday. Hours from November through May are 8-11am, April through May are 7-10am and June through October are 6-9am.
—–New to P.O.W.W.O.W. and would like to know more?
—–Subscribe to our weekly newsletter for up to date market locations, varieties of the week, recipe of the week, education corner and much more:
—-We can always use your help at a P.O.W.W.O.W. market, please volunteer:
#Shared #Volunteer #FreshProduce #BorderlandsMarket #BorderlandsProduceRescue #ProduceOnWheelsWithOutWaste #ProduceOnWheels #FreshProduce #ProduceRescue #RescuedProduce
Please follow and like us: