Food waste in landfills is by far the largest source in the waste stream and creates methane gas emissions that is harmful to our environment. Please help us curb the waste and shop for up to 70 lbs. of fresh fruits and veggies sharing with your friends and family with a $12 contribution (no income or residential qualifications) at one of our 13 market locations in the State of Arizona this Saturday February 23, 2019, from the hours of 8:00 to 11:00 a.m (Unless Specified). Please help us by posting your pictures and videos of our markets on social media using #produceonwheelswithoutwaste and #produceonwheels so newcomers can understand more about our program.
—–Metro Phoenix and Pinal County Service Area(s) for Saturday, February 23rd, Hours: 8:00am – 11:00am—–
* Crossroads United Methodist Church – 7901 N. Central Ave., Phoenix 85020
* First Baptist Church of Scottsdale – 7025 E. Osborn Rd., Scottsdale 85251
* Glendale/Peoria Family YMCA – 14711 N. 59th Ave., Glendale 85306
* Islamic Center of the East Valley – 425 N. Alma School Rd., Chandler 85224
* La Mesa Village Apartments – 655 S Mesa Dr., Mesa 85210
* Root 2 Route Botanicals (@ Boston’s Restaurant & Sports Bar) – 804 Cacheris Ct., Casa Grande 85122
* St. Mark Lutheran Church – 3030 E. Thunderbird Rd., Phoenix 85032
* Sword of the Spirit Ministry (W. of Estrella Pkwy. & Illini St.) – 15635 W. Illini St., Goodyear 85338
Word of Abundant Life Christian Center – 6849 W. Indian School Rd., Phoenix 85033
—–Metro Tucson and SO/SE AZ Service Area(s) for Saturday, February 23rd, Hours: 8:00am – 11:00am (UNLESS SPECIFIED)—–
* American Legion Post 109 (FREEZING WEATHER – 10AM – 12PM, FEBRUARY ONLY) – 15921 S. Houghton Rd., Corona de Tucson 85641
* Saguaro Christian Church – 8302 E. Broadway Blvd., Tucson 85710
* Sahuarita House of Worship (FREEZING WEATHER – 10AM – 12PM, FEBRUARY ONLY) – 1100 W. Beta St., Green Valley 85614
* St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church – 1145 E. Ft. Lowell Rd., Tucson 85719
***PLEASE NOTE*** WE CANNOT GUARANTEE ALL VARIETIES OF PRODUCE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT EACH DISTRIBUTION LOCATION. YOU MAY NOT SELL, BARTER OR TRADE OUR PRODUCT.
—–Varieties Offered for this Saturday
* Bell Peppers Colored)
* Cucumbers (Euro)
* Mini Peppers
* Squash Gray
* Squash (Italian)
* Squash (Yellow)
* Tomatoes (Roma)
—–Visit our Produce Calendar page for our produce season schedule, and produce map:
Hours from November through May are 8-11am, April through May are 7-10am and June through October are 6-9am.
—–New to P.O.W.W.O.W. and would like to know more?
—–Subscribe to our weekly newsletter for up to date market locations, varieties of the week, recipe of the week, education corner and much more:
—-We can always use your help at a P.O.W.W.O.W. market, please volunteer:
#share #volunteer #borderlandsmarket #borderlandsproducerescue #freshproduce #rescuedproduce #producerescue #produceonwheelswithoutwaste #produceonwheels