Join us at a P.O.W.W.O.W. market one of four major programs of Borderlands Produce Rescue, a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization supporting the mission of reducing food waste and greenhouse gases from the landfill. Approximately 32 million pounds of produce annually are rescued so communities in surrounding areas can supplement meals to eat healthy at an affordable cost. Visit one of our 13 market locations this Saturday, February 29th from the hours of 8-11:00am. With no income or residential qualifications anyone can enjoy shopping for up to 70 Lbs. of fresh produce with a $12 contribution.
View and download our 2019/20 P.O.W.W.O.W. Produce Season schedule for locations and hours. Please share your pictures and videos of the produce you shopped and the market you attended with your families, neighbors and friends by posting on social media using #produceonwheelswithoutwaste and #produceonwheels so newcomers can understand more about our program.
- St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church – 1145 E. Ft. Lowell Rd., Tucson 85719
- St. Rita in the Desert – 13260 E. Colossal Cave Rd., Vail 85641
Metro Phoenix Service Area(s) for Sat., Feb. 29th, Hours: 8 – 11:00am
- Northwest Valley Family YMCA (@ El Mirage City Hall) – 10000 N. El Mirage Rd., El Mirage 85335
- St. Luke Lutheran Church – 807 N. Stapley Dr., Mesa 85203
- Covenant City Church – 6849 W. Indian School Rd., Phoenix 85033
***PLEASE NOTE*** WE CANNOT GUARANTEE ALL VARIETIES OF PRODUCE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT EACH DISTRIBUTION LOCATION.
#share #volunteer #borderlandsmarket #borderlandsproducerescue #freshproduce #rescuedproduce #producerescue #produceonwheelswithoutwaste #produceonwheels #driveupandtakeaway #duta #thegogreenproject #foodwaste