We want to thank all our supporters for choosing P.O.W.W.O.W. to add nutritious fruits and veggies to your meals at the same time taking on the obligation that we all have to curb food waste and do our part to save our future planet!
Mother Nature is the principal determining factor for our farmers and their crops. This year she has played havoc with the Mexican Agriculture having them cope first with Hurricanes and then a very unexpected freeze. This causes produce to be delayed thus P.O.W.W.O.W. has not had the usual donated amounts and varieties. We are still asking you to support us because again this program is two-fold – eating healthy and curbing food waste. You are still getting a “BANG FOR YOUR BUCK”. We want to continue to bring P.O.W.W.O.W. to you throughout Arizona but without your consistent and continued help we cannot!
Please help us by posting your pictures and videos of our markets on social media using #produceonwheelswithoutwaste and #produceonwheels so newcomers can understand more about our program.
—–Metro Tucson Service Area(s) for Saturday, December 8th, Hours: 8:00am – 11:00am—–
* Arizona State Veterans Home – 555 E. Ajo Way, Tucson 85713
* Mount Zion Lutheran Church – 4520 W. Ajo Way, Tucson 85746
* Oury Park – 600 W. St. Mary’s Rd., Tucson 85701
* Resurrection Lutheran Church – 11575 N. 1st Ave., Oro Valley 85737
* JTED Santa Rita High School – 3951 S. Pantano Rd., Tucson 85730
—–Metro Phoenix and Pinal County Service Area(s) for Saturday, December 8th, Hours: 8:00am – 11:00am (Unless Otherwise Specified)—–
* Corona Baptist Church – 4450 W. Ray Rd., Chandler 85226
* Faith Bible Church – 17230 N. 59th Ave., Glendale 85308
* Freedom Family Church – 13325 S. Tacna Rd., Arizona City 85123
* Genesis Church – 13625 N. 32nd St., Phoenix 85032
* Living Word Bible Church – 3520 E. Brown Rd., Mesa 85213
* Maricopa Market (@ Sequoia Pathway Academy ) – 19265 N. Porter Rd., Maricopa 85138
* Northwest Valley Family YMCA – 12450 W. Cinnabar Ave., El Mirage 85335
* San Tan Valley Farmers Market & Bazaar (@ Combs High School, Hours: 7:00am – 11:00am) – 2505 E. Germann Rd., San Tan Valley 85140
* The Odyssey Institute for Advanced & International Studies – 1495 S. Verrado Way, Buckeye 85326
***PLEASE NOTE*** WE CANNOT GUARANTEE ALL VARIETIES OF PRODUCE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT EACH DISTRIBUTION LOCATION.
—–Varieties Offered for this Saturday
* Bell Peppers (Colored)
* Squash (Italian)
* Tomatoes (Beef)
* Tomatoes (On the Vine)
—–Visit our Produce Calendar page for our produce season schedule, and produce map:
—–New to P.O.W.W.O.W. and would like to know more?
—–Subscribe to our weekly newsletter for up to date market locations, varieties of the week, recipe of the week, education corner and much more:
—-We can always use your help at a P.O.W.W.O.W. market, please volunteer:
#Share #Volunteer #BorderlandsProduceRescue #ProduceOnWheelsWithOutWaste #ProduceOnWheels #FreshProduce #RescueProduce #Borderlandsmarket