There is confusion over “best by,” “use by,” and other date labels leading Americans to throw away an estimated $29 billion of safe food every year. While most of us probably don’t worry about the skinny bit at the end of a carrot, biases against frozen foods are pervasive. Freezer staples won’t wilt or get moldy and can help add veggies and protein to weeknight meals without constant trips to the store (National Geographic). Our program offers you the opportunity to take fresh produce for a contribution of .17 per pound or $12 contribution for up to 70 pounds with no income or residential qualifications by shopping at one of our 13 P.O.W.W.O.W. markets this Saturday, April 27th from 7 – 10:00am; we are a redistribution program asking you to share with your family members and friends helping to educate on the necessity of preserving produce supporting our mission through our 4 major programs which commit to provide fruits and veggies – as everyone has the inherent right to eat healthy at an affordable cost and live in a healthy environment. By shopping at our markets you are committing to healthy eating and fulfilling your obligation to our planet to help curb food waste! Please help us by posting your pictures and videos of our markets on social media using #produceonwheelswithoutwaste and #produceonwheels so newcomers can understand more about our program.
—–Metro Tucson Service Area(s) for Saturday, April 27th, Hours: 7 – 10:00am—–
* American Legion Post 109 – 15921 S. Houghton Rd., Corona de Tucson 85641
* Saguaro Christian Church – 8302 E. Broadway Blvd., Tucson 85710
* Sahuarita House of Worship – 1100 W. Beta St., Green Valley 85614
* St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church – 1145 E. Ft. Lowell Rd., Tucson 85719
—–Metro Phoenix and Pinal County Service Area(s) for Saturday, April 27th, Hours: 7 – 10:00am—–
* Crossroads United Methodist Church – 7901 N. Central Ave., Phoenix 85020
* First Baptist Church of Scottsdale – 7025 E. Osborn Rd., Scottsdale 85251
* Glendale/Peoria Family YMCA – 14711 N. 59th Ave., Glendale 85306
* Islamic Center of the East Valley – 425 N. Alma School Rd., Chandler 85224
* La Mesa Village Apartments – 655 S Mesa Dr., Mesa 85210
* Root 2 Route Botanicals (@ Boston’s Restaurant & Sports Bar) – 804 Cacheris Ct., Casa Grande 85122
* St. Mark Lutheran Church – 3030 E. Thunderbird Rd., Phoenix 85032
* Sword of the Spirit Ministry (W. of Estrella Pkwy. & Illini St.) – 15635 W. Illini St., Goodyear 85338
* Word of Abundant Life Christian Center – 6849 W. Indian School Rd., Phoenix 85033
***PLEASE NOTE*** WE CANNOT GUARANTEE ALL VARIETIES OF PRODUCE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT EACH DISTRIBUTION LOCATION.
—–Varieties Offered for this Saturday
|* Bell Peppers (Green)|* Chile (Serrano)|* Cucumbers (Euro)|* Cucumbers (Plain)|* Eggplants|* Green Beans|*
Lettuce|* Squash (Gray)|* Squash (Spaghetti)|* Squash (Yellow)|* Tomatillos|* Tomatoes (On the Vine)|* Tomatoes (Round)|
You may not sell, barter or trade our product.
—–Visit our Produce Calendar page for our produce season schedule, and produce map:
Hours from November through May are 8-11am, April through May are 7-10am and June through October are 6-9am.
—–New to P.O.W.W.O.W. and would like to know more?
—–Subscribe to our weekly newsletter for up to date market locations, varieties of the week, recipe of the week, education corner and much more:
—-We can always use your help at a P.O.W.W.O.W. market, please volunteer:
#share #volunteer #borderlandsmarket #borderlandsproducerescue #freshproduce #rescuedproduce #producerescue #produceonwheelswithoutwaste #produceonwheels